Welcome to Bridport Museum
We re-opened on 27 May 2017 after a major redevelopment, and we would love to see you!
The Museum has been redeveloped to create exciting, modern and interactive displays.
Our Museum is right in the heart of Bridport, a historic rope and net making town.
We invite you to explore our new’ Museum based in one of Bridport’s oldest buildings!
Come and discover
- Our unique rope and netting collection with working machinery
- Beautiful Roman jewellery, mystical amulets and fearsome armour
- Amazing fossils from the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site
- Bridport’s dark history of disease, decay and death
- Fun family trails and activities
- Fascinating demonstrations
- Lively annual events and exhibitions
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 11.00am-2.00pm
We are closed for a Christmas break from 23 December to 1 Febuary inclusive so we can make the Museum all sparkly and shiny for 2019!